Providence Technology Leadership Roundtable: Cyber Security – Internal Threats
Tuesday, September 12th from 3:30p – 8:00p
Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI – 500 Exchange St, Providence, RI
*Please note: This is the very first meeting of this new SIM Boston program so registration is FREE to all, a savings of $60/member and $80/non-member!
High Level Agenda:
- 3:30 – 4:00 Networking & Introductions (Sponsored by: SWS Technologies)
- 4:00 – 4:30 Overview of SIM & Introduction of PvdTLRt Team Members
- 4:30 – 5:15 Presentation (see topic below – speaker Alain Marcuse of RSM US LLP)
- 5:15 – 5:30 Discussion Q & A
- 5:30 – 6:00 Discussion on group, interests, topics, and next steps
- 6:00 – 8:00 Dinner (location within walking distance of meeting)
We all know the threats that exist “out there”. We spend countless hours and massive resources protecting the kingdom from the invaders. But, how much effort do we expend protecting ourselves from, well, ourselves? Attend and learn where the greatest internal threats exist, what to guard against, and how to mitigate the potential disasters that can occur if nothing is done.
Did you Know:
- 73 % of breaches have originated from within the extended enterprise globally in the last year
- 58 % of global employees lack the understanding of what might actually constitute a security threat from within their own organization
- 72 % of global security professionals believe internal security threats are still not treated with the same level of importance as external threats by the Board
- 50 % of global employees admit that they disregard data protection policies at work in order to get their job done
Alain Marcuse is the Director of Security, Privacy, and Risk at RSM US LLP. A seasoned security professional, Alain has held leadership positions in technology security with a number of companies across a wide array of industries. Alain received both is undergraduate and Master’s degree in Computer Science from Brandeis University and is both a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) and Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
Speaker Company Bio
RSM US LLP is an audit, tax and consulting firm, focused on the middle market in the United States and a member of the global accounting network RSM International. It is the 5th largest accounting firm in the United States. The firm operates across 86 cities nationwide providing audit, tax, and consulting services.