Submitted by Robert Johnson, Programs
On January 18th SIM Boston kicked off the new year with our annual state-of-the-chapter address presented by Susan Kifer, Chapter President for 2018. Highlights include:
- Our 2018 focus is to increase member engagement and program quality for our 400+ members
- Our fourth annual Technology Leadership Summit will take place on Oct. 23rd at Gillette Stadium and we expect 500+ attendees again this year
- We are innovating with a new program, the Technology Leadership Series (TLS), which will feature high quality speakers, theme-based social events and other opportunities for member engagement and education
- On June 13th we’ll hold our annual golf outing at Cyprian Keyes Golf Course in Boylston which raises a lot of money for our Outreach Partners
- Speaking of chapter outreach, we are planning $50K+ of donations again this year to non-profit organizations that are leading the charge in developing future IT leaders. View a list of our current Outreach Partners.
Also featured at this meeting, sponsored by Millenium Consulting, was a presentation by guest speaker Peter Fearey, EVP & CTO at Stag Industrial, on “Insourcing: Using Low-Code/No-Code Platforms to Leverage Internal Business Partners”. Peter led an interactive session where he discussed examples of how you might use “low-code/no-code” platforms to handle the increased workload IT teams currently face due to the increasing pace of innovation and exploding amounts of data and expanding cyber threats, and the pros and cons associated with them.
On Thursday, February 15th, we are excited to hold our inaugural Technology Leadership Series (TLS) event at the Newton Marriott Hotel featuring dynamic guest speaker Dave Daley, “The Monster Motivator”. Click here for more info and to register. Hope to see you there!